45 BOXLOCK E WESSON RIFLE

45 BOXLOCK E WESSON RIFLE

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

KIT KNIVES

Nothing wrong with a factory knife ... nothing wrong with a handmade knife.
but when a custom shop "grows" and makes changes ... and they start to use
mass cut parts like water jet cut blades ...
the line gets crossed and they are now assembling KNIFE KITS ... knives built
from ready cut parts that only need a final buffing.
http://www.blindhorseknives.com/nov11.htm

Still can make a fine knife , do not get me wrong. Even the Klown Koster uses
water jet cut blades ...
but when you go that route ... what's custom about it ???
throwing on different handle materials does not make it custom... by any
stretch of the imagination.
WAKE UP FOLKS ... HANDMADE IS HANDMADE
Reminds me of a guy I SET UP in the leather business 20 sum years ago ...
he now uses DIE CUT LEATHER and a SEWING MACHINE to make
custom leather shooting bags.
B/S

1 comment:

  1. friend asked me once why I don't buy a machine to sew my bags...just looked at the fella and shook my head...he didn't understand...ain't spoke much to him since.

    ReplyDelete