45 BOXLOCK E WESSON RIFLE

45 BOXLOCK E WESSON RIFLE

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Review of my 45 cal. custom built E.Wesson Box Lock Rifle ... BUG ATE WOOD.


Nov 3 , 2011 ...
In the picture you will see the bug ate / rotten wood used to build my custom rifle ...custom made for me. He bragged about it on Sept 19 th all over the internet.
What a fine rifle he was making for his disabled friend who had been stomped on by the system for years.
I paid in full for this rifle/ on time , saving the money from my DISABILITY CHECKS ...a total of 950 dollars and a barrel I supplied for the build. A new 45 cal barrel. value of aprox 150 dollars.
Contacted the GUNSMITH about a week after getting the rifle after careful
thought and talking to multiple people about it.
Even his former teacher and MENTOR told him to replace the rifle.
HE REFUSED to fix or replace the rifle when I contacted him ...
and did offer two below cost refunds. At no time did I feel he was sincere about his offers. ANY OFFERS he made then or days later
when he turned it into an INTERNET SWORD FIGHT on multiple forums. Trying hard to keep me from talking about my wesson rifle in any negative manner.
Thinking he should have tried to do a better job or offer better customer service.
What he has done is contact his attorney about this and I have now heard a total of 3 passed along "threats" of legal action against me ...
The rifle arrived with a finish that did not DRY ...Wet and tacky because it had been rushed on. Poorly fitted STEEL nose cap and I think I ordered PEWTER (need to find my copy of the build contract) and the nose cap had a very noticeable dent in it.
Metal work left with deep filing marks and dents in the trigger guard. Maybe a flat spot from being dropped. Poor fit all over the rifle and a soft wax substance used to fill in the gaps.
The rear stock ... you will see where he patched it with glue/sawdust where the wood broke away from the WIDE SPREAD INSECT damage inside. He shoved wood dowel rods inside prior to patching so the patch had something to hold onto. He knew how bad the wood was... NOT ONCE DID HE CONTACT ME ABOUT THIS WOOD OR PATCH. Something that should have been discussed with the customer.
Pictures of the rifle wood sent too GOBY WALNUT and the stock blank number I picked out in 2010 given. I was told the wood in my rifle was NOT THE WOOD from the blank I picked out in 2010 for the build. Even if it was GOBY's wood , the would have replaced it for FREE if insect damage was found !!!
Two weeks after getting the rifle , the glue patch gave way and the wood was found to be much worse than it seemed. That is when the wood dowel rods were found shoved deep into the stock to plug up the missing wood and give his PATCH something to hang onto. Telling me he had knowledge of how bad the wood is/was.
Soft missing bug ate wood from the wrist section to the butt plate.
After my initial contact about this with THE GUNSMITH and the days of arguing that followed... AND the fact he was paid on time and failed to build a rifle of acceptable quality .
Made it clear to him time and time again ... I wanted the rifle I paid for , wanted it RIGHT. Any refund offer would not give me that.
Let me add my declining HEALTH and the fact time already spent waiting on this rifle... is something I personally cannot waste since my TIME has been greatly reduced by my accident.
I have a RIFLE that was poorly built and the gunsmith refused to make it right. His final offer of a full refund ... does not get me the rifle I waited so long for ...does not give me back the very little time I evidently have left due to my injuries.
He admitted having knowledge of more than once like his Sept 19 th internet wide speech of what a fine rifle he built etc.
No I am not happy with the over all quality of this rifle. A glue n sawdust patch to the stock alone is unacceptable and grounds alone for a REBUILD / REPLACE. no CONTACT with ME the CUSTOMER during the build about wood issues or swapping of wood.
Not happy at all with the attitude of THE GUNSMITH and his customer service skills are not WHAT ANYONE would accept.

Took my money and delivered a sub-standard product and refused to MAKE IT RIGHT.
Those are the FACTS and my point of view as the former friend and customer of THE GUNSMITH WHO BUILT HIS OWN THRONE ON WHICH TO SIT ...
I made a mistake of BUYING INTO his internet reputation he has gone to great effort in helping build and ...
He did destroy one of the very few DREAMS this crippled man had left.
Now if he wants to "SUE ME" for these facts and how I feel ...
so be it. I am prepared to be judged by a JURY of my peers and
let them see for themselves the BUG ATE WOOD he used to build this FINE WESSON RIFLE BUILT FOR HIS CRIPPLED FRIEND.
I have enough physical scars and emotional scars to my body without having another friend abuse me again and take my money and either not deliver or deliver JUNK.
this GUNSMITH has never struck me as a stupid man and he is intelligent and a gifted metal worker. I did have respect for him prior to receiving this rifle. Which actually makes it harder for me to understand why I got a rifle of this poor quality from a man who has tried so hard to show the people of the internet the GREAT WORK he says he can do.
He knew the stress the insurance co and lawyers have added to my life since my near fatal accident and now I had to deal with the added stress of not getting my DREAM RIFLE and his refusal of making it right.
THERE YOU HAVE MY REVIEW OF MY RIFLE AS A FORMER CUSTOMER OF THE KING OF THE GUNSMITHS. SOMETHING I THINK I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO SHARE WITH THE INTERNET ... good or bad.
I apologize for any Hard feelings this has caused with any of my friends or former friends...but I do feel I was cheated and taken full advantage of by HIM. I will die never knowing why he choose me as the customer he decided to FAIL making happy.
These are my WORDS and the Story of my Wesson Rifle and the story I will tell over campfires and across the brim of a cup of coffee with anyone who wants to sit and hear my tale ...
A man cannot be any more honest than that ... and my broken and damaged body has not kept ME from being a MAN...
There you have my review of my rifle and how I feel.
GOD BLESS AMERICA and the RIGHTS WE HAVE AS AMERICANS.

No comments:

Post a Comment