45 BOXLOCK E WESSON RIFLE

45 BOXLOCK E WESSON RIFLE

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Prison


...years ago , this place we have down on the creek (river) got put up for sale and I worked out a nice deal on it. Fishing in the front yard and a great place to canoe. Hunting and Bushcraft in the backyard aka the woods.
Since being injured on the job this place has become a PRISON ... days where pain kept me home or like now when pain combined with the "COCKTAIL OF DRUGS" will not allow me to drive... combined with the problem of numb feet and legs.
Stuck here at home ... days alone at home with the critters which are nice to talk too but
hard too understand at times. One bark means treats and two barks mean more treats , got it.
What was once a place I wanted to retire to after a week of work is now the place I am STUCK for days at a time. Not really much of a life.
Once able to sit n stitch leather for hours and hours and now not wanting to even mend a sheath or make even a bag or pouch. Not able to hold the leather or feel what I am doing at times.
So the next time you visit with a friend or family member who is sick or disabled and you ask them "How are they doing ?" ... listen to them , and then ask them ... IS THERE ANYTHING THEY WANT TO DO ? Because there is STUFF we want to do but cannot without a little help
from family and friends.
I have sat here now for YEARS , waiting for family and friends to REPAY the favors done them or the time I spent helping them and HAVE NOT SEEN IT. Glad I did not expect much.
Much easier to forget the sick or disabled , pretend they are OK.
What people do ... make excuses for their own short comings... and insensitivity .
I remember being a young man and well into my adult hood I wrote my grandmother weekly and included pictures and drawings... did not matter how many hours I worked or who I was dating or what game was in season ... Nellie got a letter. She made a comment before her death
how much JOY my weekly letters had brought her.
all the time it took writing all those letters was repaid with ONE SIMPLE COMMENT.
Some things take time and some things only take a few minutes to make a difference.
Take time to do something nice for others ... oneday it MIGHT BE YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment